1. 80g FGR Gluten Free Pastry Flour (PLUS 1-2 Tbsp. extra flour)
2. 35g butter (cut into small chunks and kept in fridge)
3. 40mls very cold waterCheck AllUncheck All
• Measure flour and add to a good bowl. Add butter chunks one by one from fridge and rub into flour with finger tips until all butter is rubbed in. If you want a lighter and flakier pastry, leave some butter in smaller chunks.
• Add the very cold water to the mixture and mix in. If mixture is still wet, add 1 Tbsp. of flour at a time until mixture comes together.
• Wrap pastry in Clingfilm (Gladwrap) and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
• Roll pastry out between 2 sheets of baking paper until it is about 2-3mm thick. If you are blind baking, prick pastry before going into oven. Bake at 200c.
TIPS: Try and keep everything cold for this pastry. Measure and cut the butter into small chunks, keep in fridge and use bit by bit.
Makes: 1 sheetCheck AllUncheck All